Sara's nurse from the hospital called about a half-hour ago to tell us they've removed her breathing tube and a few other tubes and have moved her to "the floor" -- she's not in the ICU anymore!! What?! That was fast! .... She still has a lot of recovering to do, but apparently it's nothing she needs to be in the intensive care unit to accomplish. I have such mixed feeling about them moving her so quickly....they wouldn't move her unless she was doing really well (YAY! -- I guess Sara decided to take me up on my suggestion for a birthday gift to her daddy! {see previous post}) but being on the floor means she will no longer have a bedside nurse looking after her 24/7. That scares me a little. I'm so used to knowing there's always somebody there taking care of her! BUT being in her own room means we can spend more time with her and even sleep there if we want, and Rob's niece and nephew can probably visit now (nobody under age 14 is allowed in the ICU's, at least that's the rule right now during RSV season). Rob was at work when I got the phone call, so I called him and he's on his way home so we can go see our little girl. Hurry Robby, HURRY!!
(photos and video to follow)
5 comments:
Yay for you and Sara, but I'm confused.... how does she have a niece and nephew?? Is there something you're not telling us???
I am so glad that things are going well and that you get to spend more time with her. Yay!
That is really good news. Yay. Congrats. That means she'll be home soon too. That is awesome.
That's wonderful news! I'm glad Sara is doing so well.
Annie, whoops! I meant ROB'S niece and nephew! Her cousins!!
Post a Comment