Rob and I just got home from visiting Sara in the hospital and she is doing very well. She is very stable and we are just waiting for the surgery. At first they told us it would be tomorrow morning, but then we got a call saying it won't be until Monday! Not sure why. Maybe they just want to wait until her little heart is as stable as possible. Also, the doctors said they can probably do the surgery through the side of her ribcage instead of going through the sternum which is great. For now it's just a waiting game, but Sara seems to be holding up pretty well and the Doctors seem optimistic that the surgery will go well and she will have a full recovery and enjoy a normal childhood.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. That's really all we can do for her right now! We appreciate everyone's love and concern.
6 comments:
Let me know what I can do for you guys! I live not too far from the hospital so I can bring dinner or toothbrushes or whatever y'all need! God bless your Sara!
Thanks so much for the update, we sure have been thinking about you three a lot.
Great to hear! We'll keep you in our prayers and hope all will be just fine with the surgery.
We're thinkin about you! Good luck little Sara!
I have been thinking about you guys! I know everything will be okay but oh it must have been scary!! We love you and hope you are holding up!!!!
You will definitely be in our thoughts and prayers!
Post a Comment