...is to find me a rug for Sara's room that looks similar to this:
or this:
but has a price tag that doesn't make me die of shock, as in less than $400 vs. the outrageously over priced rugs pictured above. These rugs, while beautiful and everything I want, are just way too expensive. We're talking thousands of dollars, people! For one little rug! Ok, so a big rug. I forgot to mention the main criteria: I want it to be about 8x10.
I did find this rug that I like quite a bit, and its price tag fits nicely under the $400 limit...
...but, as you can see, it's not yellow, and I was kinda hoping for yellow.
Here's a few others I found that are pretty much just what I'm looking for, except that they aren't. These are lacking in one or more criteria (8x10, yellow floral, cheap) but I like the overall look of them.
This one meets two of the three criteria, but isn't yellow as you can see.
another one, I like the flowers, but it's not yellow, and it's too pricey.
This one almost fits under budget, but is the wrong color. Maybe black and white would look okay?
Here's one with cute flowers, but wrong color and not quite the right price.
This one is really elegant, but again, not the right color.
So to sum up, the first person to find me a large area rug with yellow flowers and a non shock-inducing price tag wins. Ready........GO!
..................................................................
p.s. I was kind of hoping to do a pink and yellow color scheme in Sara's room, hence wanting to get a yellow rug. But am I limiting myself too much by only looking for yellow? Do I really need an 8x10 or would a 5x7 suffice? Do you think one of these options is good enough? If so, which one? It's pretty obvious that I could really use your help here.








4 comments:
What about this one:
http://www.grandinroad.com/peony-indoor-rugs/area-rugs-door-mats/indoor-area-rugs/botanical/159348
It only comes in blue or red.
Or this sunflower one?
http://www.grandinroad.com/sunflower-indoor-rug/area-rugs-door-mats/indoor-area-rugs/botanical/26789
This is a yellow rose one.
http://www.grandinroad.com/cabbage-rose-indoor-rug/area-rugs-door-mats/indoor-area-rugs/botanical/312023
They're different than the ones you had but still floral.
I once saw on HGTV someone painting fabric so I am sure it could work with a rug, too. . .would it work to buy a brown/white one and paint it yellow and pink?
Marisa, those flower-shaped rugs are cool! Is that a local place in VT? I've never heard of it before.
Jennie, I have actually seen people attempt to paint rugs on TV and blogs before. I wonder how well they hold up? I'm considering that as an option if I can't find something I like. Thanks for the suggestion!
Furniture warehouse is going out of business and has rugs 65% off. May be worth checking in to.
Post a Comment