Tuesday, April 14, 2009
early to bed, early to rise
Rob and I have been trying to get Sara to go to bed a little earlier recently. She's gotten in the habit of staying up 'til midnight, so then we don't get to bed until almost 1:00. Not good. SO Sunday night she went down at 10:30, and then last night she went down at 8:00!! This seemed great until this morning when she woke up at 4:50 to eat (normal) but then had no interest in going back to sleep!! (side note, even though Sara went to bed early, Rob and I still managed to stay up until 12:30. Darn night-owl mentality!) Finally at 6:30 I climbed back into bed after putting her in her bassinet in hopes she would fall asleep on her own. Eventually she did, but she was just laying there cooing and singing to herself in the meantime. It was really cute. Anyway, there's really no point to this story. Just rambling. Also, 8:00 might just be too early for bed time. Tonight we'll see if we can find some kind of middle ground.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Best of luck to you! 4:50 is not a time of day that was meant to be seen :)
Have you read Babywise? It is all about getting the baby to sleep through the night. It was interesting, we'll see how it goes when I try to put it into practice.
But maybe it won't be so hard because I'll need our baby to wake up around 5am in order to get a feeding in before leaving for work. Stupid needing a job.
Marisa, yes I did read Babywise, and I really liked their suggested schedule of sleep > eat > awake > sleep. I've been trying to do that with Sara so she doesn't get in the habbit of needing to nurse to fall asleep. She's on a pretty good schedule actually, it's just that the schedule needs to be shifted a bit! She just goes to bed too late. I guess if I just started waking her up at an earlier time every morning (instead of letting her sleep until she wakes up), she would probably want to go to bed earlier too, but then I'd have to make sure she doesn't take really long naps during the day during the transition. I guess that's what I'll try, but I don't look forward to the tired and grumpy baby it will create!!
Post a Comment