Sunday, March 15, 2009

Called it

Camille and Lindsey, today was payback for all those horrible days of misery you suffered (and continue to suffer for Camille!!) when I made you ward organists. Guess who is the best piano player in her new ward and therefore has been asked to be the new organist? Oh that's right, you guessed it. And you both are oh-so aware of my level of piano skills (or lack there of !), so me being the best pianist is pretty sad. Okay, so maybe I'm not the best pianist, but apparently I'm the only one who's had previous organ experience (blast!) so I was pretty much a shoe-in. Thank goodness this is a new electric organ with a bass coupler, so I can fake the foot pedals. :)

Ahh karma. Isn't it great? I totally saw this coming.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a calling! I haven't even told anyone in my new ward that I play the piano. At least we had that one organ lesson by that guy in the other ward. You are lucky that there is a bass coupler and I bet that all the keys work! And it wasn't all bad...I did have some cool experiences when I was playing the organ

Brittany said...

You'll do great! Good luck!
It was so fun to see you guys the other night at Five Guys!

Jenny and Josh said...

You can do it!!

Matt and Camille Tanner said...

That is too funny. We sure miss you over here. We could use a new organist here too...its just me these days!