Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It's a...

GIRL!


We had our 20 week ultrasound yesterday and found out that our baby most definitely indeed has "girly parts", as the ultrasound tech so tactfully put it. :) My prediction was wrong....As you may remember, I thought it might be a boy (so much for a mother's intuition!), but we are thrilled with a little girl! I had already purchased a cute little girl outfit that I couldn't resist before we found out the gender, so I guess it was meant to be. She'll have girl cousins on both sides of the family very close in age (Rob's sister's little girl was born yesterday!) so that will be fun.

In the ultrasound photo above, you are looking at the baby from the side, with the head to the left and the spine curving in the middle there. You can kind of see the face profile. If you look carefully, just above the belly is a little open hand. The cutest part about this was she was actually waving to us! Her hand was moving back and forth, it was so cute! So the ultrasound tech wrote, "Hi Mom and Dad!" on the screen. :)

Here's another cute shot of her two little feet. Classic.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! you guys will be so cute with a little girl. I am so excited for you.

Jenny and Josh said...

I am SO excited for you! She will be so adorable!!

Beki said...

Yay. Congrats Anna and Rob. Where are some belly shots?

Annie M. said...

Congratulations! I bought a little girl outfit when I was like 5 weeks preggo, so somewhere I think I also knew deep down we were having a girl. Weird! I am so happy for you guys. You will be great parents. And girls are the best.

Angie said...

Yeah! That's so exciting. Congratulations, you guys. I can picture you two with a cute little well-dressed girl!

Brooke Bowen said...

Oh, I love ultrasounds! It's so fun to see your tiny baby already fully formed. Congrats on the girl! I too am already finding fabulous girl clothes!

Anonymous said...

I am jealous only because of the clothes factor. The girl sections are always a million times bigger then the boys!! But I am really excited for you guys!!!! Having a baby is the best experience in the world!!!!!

FarrEver Family said...

Elder Hinckley . . . Congratulations. I saw your name on Dan and Brittany Pulsipher's blog and had to check out if it was really you. I hope you are doing well. My family and I are in Washington for one year before coming back to SLC for residency in anesthesiology. You can check out our blog at www.jandafarr.blogspot.com. It's great to remember all the good times in Watford and Cambridge. Your mate, John Farr