Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Bad Combination

The other night, Rob was taking up more of the bed than usual, so I was sleeping a little too close to the edge. Normally this would not be a problem, but that night we experienced a bad combination, or if you will, a series of unfortunate events that led to my downfall. Literally. It led to me falling off the bed!! Yes, that's right, I am a 5-year-old. ... So here's how it all went down, or rather, how I went down. I was sleeping close to the edge, and was about to roll over to re-adjust my sleeping position when at exactly the same moment, Rob spontaneously yelled in his sleep, something like, "HEY! WHAT'S GOING ON?!" It scared me so much that I rolled over a little too fast, and fell right off the bed! Now if we had one of those sleek and modern platform beds that are very low to the ground, this would not have been a problem. But we have quite the opposite of that. We have a wooden bed frame that sits about 9 inches off the ground, and on top of that sits a box spring and extra deep double-sided pillow top mattress. On top of that we have a 4 inch memory foam pad, which brings the total distance from bed top to floor to a whopping 35 inches! That's just one inch shy of 3 feet. So my tumble was quite unexpected, and I hit my legs on the wooden side rail of the bed frame during my decent, but other than that I escaped unscathed. Mostly just emotional damage to worry about. But the bright side is, now we have a great conversation starter at parties. It's not everyday a grown women falls off a 35 inch high bed and lives to tell about it!! :)

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

That is great! Too bad it probably wasn't time to get up becuase I bet you were pretty wide awake after that!

Also I thought I would let you know that Jace and I bought a "green" lawn mower! It has no motor - just a blade that rotates. Don't let anyone tell you that they don't cut well, take a long time, are hard to push ect, ect. Our works great! Something to look forward to in the greening of your home!

Brooke Bowen said...

I'm laughing out loud right now! I guess you're just beginning your many restless nights as a pregnant woman!

Anonymous said...

that is a great story! I laughed pretty hard. I love the way you write it always makes me laugh

Jenny and Josh said...

Thanks for sharing! I really needed a good laugh to wake me up!

AudreyEricksen said...

Ha! I love it! Blame Rob, what was he sleepyelling for anyways? ;)

Laura said...

Anna, you are so funny!! I love the way you tell stories.

marisalea said...

I remember looking at your bed and thinking, "My that bed is tall." Ouch!