Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Temporary Threshold Shift

Rob and I got the chance to go to the American Idol tour for FREE last night! My boss got a suite at the E-center for the whole office! It was a good show. The top 10 performed and sang 3 songs each, except David Cook (the winner) who sang three and then came back out for an encore; his performance of Billy Jean which was my favorite song that David performed during the season. He sang Chris Cornell of Soundgarden and Audioslave's arrangement of the song, which is amazing! I took a video of part of it (see below) so you can hear for yourself. The video quality is quite poor, but the sound quality is good. The parts where I pan away from the stage is me trying to film the large screens they had off to the side. That part didn't work so well. Again, it's mostly just the sound that's important anyway!

I also snapped a few photos. Here's some of the ones that actually turned out okay.

The top 10 performing the last song

David Cook rockin' out on his lefty guitar


David Cook on stage

David Archuleta. I like this photo because I got him on stage and on the large screen behind him in the same shot.

When Archy came on stage, the crowd went CRAZY!!! He's from Utah as you know, so he's got a lot of fans here. It was funny because every contestant who performed before him said, "wow, you guys are really loud." But it got even louder when Archuleta came out. I even plugged my ears for a bit during all the screaming to prevent any short-term hearing losses!

Carly Smithson on stage

Michael Johns on stage.


MJ on the big screen


Jason Castro - one of the girls at work is 'in love' with him and she freaked out when he came on stage. She was desperately trying to figure out a way to meet him after the show.


Brooke White

It was a fun show! I'm glad we were able to go. I have been a fan of American Idol on and off for the the past few seasons, but I really liked this season. There were several contestants that I liked, which is different compared to years past when there was only one or two who stood out (in my opinion).

Okay, that's it. Yay for American Idol!!

3 comments:

Jenny and Josh said...

So jealious!

Bryan Family said...

He is actually covering Chris Cornell's (of Soundgarden and Audioslave)arrangement of Billie Jean. Cornell is a favorite of mine so I don't want this guy getting credit for it. :)

Anna said...

Yes, I did know about this actually. I'll clarify that David Cook did not make the arrangement in my original post so I'm not misleading people! Got to give credit where credit is due!